Definers Corp is a unique public affairs firm that translates proven political campaign communications techniques to the corporate, trade association and issue advocacy fields.
Our approach to public affairs campaigns is unlike any other in the business. We run campaigns from conception to completion, but what sets us apart from other firms is our focus on high-impact research, fact-finding and rapid response. We distill and strategically deploy public information to build and influence media narratives, move public opinion and provide powerful ammunition for your public relations and government affairs efforts. We take ideas and turn them into action.
Definers seeks a hard working individual to serve as a Media Analyst. Qualified candidates possess one to two years of relevant experience (full-time/part-time/internship) on political campaigns, in journalism or a law, lobbying, public relations, marketing or public affairs firm or trade association.
Ideal candidates will possess strong reading comprehension as well as being familiar with media cycles, campaign-style opposition research, and current political and policy issues. Candidates should also have strong proficiency with using computers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct media monitoring and compile news compendiums for issue-based campaigns and corporate clients.
- Produce social media and blog content.
- Undergraduate degree required. Majors in communications, political science, journalism and related field are especially encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication and ability to work with a team
- Candidates will have strong analytical and research skills, are detail-oriented and have demonstrated success in a team environment.
- Though not required, experience with TV Eyes, IQ Media, LexisNexis, social media, video editing, and/or political writing, is also a plus.
- Familiarity and interest in current political and policy issues.
- Ability to learn new subjects quickly and gain an in-depth understanding of public policy topics over time.
- Experience using various social media platforms
To apply for the position, please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Media Analyst Application.”
Notice to all Applicants
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within (3) days of hire.
- Final candidate is subject to a background check prior to the final selection process.